Other must try foods in Taiwan
- Braised pork with rice (Lǔròu fàn 滷肉飯): this is a typical local braised dish eaten on a bed of white rice;
- Taiwanese hamburger (Gē bāo 割包): steamed bread enriched with minced meat and vegetables and a dusting of peanuts, so it’s really tasty;
- Pineapple cupcakes (Fènglí sū 鳳梨酥): Great with a nice cup of tea.
- Onion pancakes (Cōng zhuā bǐng 蔥抓餅): Fatty and filling.
- Taiwanese ice (Bàobīng shān 刨冰山): Crushed ice with fresh mango. The hot weather of Taipei makes Taiwanese ice a must for keeping cool.
- Din Tai Fung Dumplings (Dǐngtàifēng xiǎo lóng bāo 鼎泰豐小籠包): the famous chain Din Tai Fung and are the one and only xiaolongbao;
- Rice cake cooked in bamboo (Tǒng zǐ mǐ gāo 筒仔米糕): this is a specialty of Daqiaotou, for lovers of mushrooms and the smell of bamboo;
- Calamari (Huāzhī 花枝): A must try. Simply amazing when done right, and perfect with a Taiwanese Beer.
- Noodles: (Niúròu miàn 牛肉麵) Beef Noodles and rice noodles, seasoned in oyster sauce (Hézǐ miàn xiàn 蚵仔麵線), are my favourite.
“Enjoy the tastes and smells of Taiwan”.